- Wondering how you can engage influencers?
- Which big brand social media insights can you adapt?
- Considering becoming a guest on a podcast?
- How can you gain and maximize online reviews of your brand?
Newport Interactive Marketers gathers in-person for networking and learning on Thursday, June 22, from 6-9 PM at the Newport Marriott in Newport, Rhode Island.
Join us for an evening ending in beautiful Newport sunset views. Networking begins at 6, and our three expert guest speakers begin at 7. This event is free and open to the public, but spots fill up quick!
Eliciting & maximizing online reviews
You’ll learn about:
- How to get reviews for Yelp, Google, Facebook, and more
- Top tips to create a review-gen process
- Templates, best practices, tricks, etc.
- How to respond to negative reviews
- How to pop-ulate your reviews
Be empowered to maximize your reviews with the right tools, strategies, and checklist of to-dos.
Meet Darwin Liu!
Woo-ing Influencers, Marriott Style
NIM members include some serious social media pros & we’re thrilled to have Marriott International’s very rare social media coordinator sharing her insights, including
- How Marriott uses social media to create touchpoints throughout the purchasing process
- How to find & engage influencers
- How to evaluate various social channels to promote your brand — Alexa manages 23 channels!
- How to maximize your events with social media
Meet Alexa Furtado!
Strategizing & fulfilling demand for 23 social media and customer review channels, Alexa Furtado is the Social Media Coordinator for the Newport Marriott hotel, three restaurants, and a spa and fitness center. A longtime NIM member, Alexa is one of Marriott Americas division’s few social media coordinators, created after the Newport Marriott’s $40 million renovation began in 2014. Alexa previously worked in nonprofit marketing, public relations, and event management.
Becoming an expert guest, podcast-style
According to Pew Research, 21% of Americans over age 12 have listened to a podcast in the past month. With more than 60,000 podcasts to choose from, including a podcast specifically for pizzerias, the opportunity is ripe. Another fab NIM asset, Jessica will share her flash insights, including
- Why being a guest expert on podcasts is a great way to build your brand
- Tips on how to get started and be an ideal podcast guest
- How to position yourself as an asset to the podcast hosts
Meet Jessica Rhodes!
Jessica Rhodes is the founder & CEO of Interview Connections, the leading guest-booking agency for podcasters and guest experts. Jessica is has been a speaker at Podcast Movement, Podfest.us, and Dream Business Academy.
Come on out for a fun night with NIM: meet some fantastic professionals and entrepreneurs & gather some tips to help your brand thrive.
Web marketing specialists welcome traditional marketers, small businesses, entrepreneus, solopreneurs, nonprofits, and more for quality education and great networking … right here in Newport!
Thank you to our host venue Newport Marriott!
Street parking nearby and valet parking available at the Newport Marriott.
6 P.M. Networking
7 P.M. Speakers
8 P.M. More networking & a Solstice sunset overlooking Newport Harbor!
Web marketing specialists welcome traditional marketers, small businesses, and beyond for quality education and great networking … right here in Newport!